Wednesday, August 1, 2012

New {School} Year Resolutions Linky Party and Heart Palpitations




Hey friends! Today I am linking up with Amanda over at Teaching Maddeness for a New {School} Year Resolution linky party! Goodness knows that there are a TON of things that I want to try and do this year with my kiddos, classroom and keeping my sanity, so this is the perfect little push to get me to write them down....and hopefully commit to them.


Resolution #1: Put papers IN folders- Last year I had a horrible habit of laying papers on top of the file folders in my desk drawer instead of filing them right away. When I was super busy, it was just easier than trying to stuff them in folders- which were already crammed so full in the drawer that there really wasn't much room for papers in them anyway. This year I am starting off with folders up the wha-zoo, heck I have a folder OF folders. I'm off to a good start :)

Resolution #2: Get more sleep- When I get busy, sleep is the first thing to go (okay, working out is the first thing to go, but I don't value that as much as my sleep). Most nights last year I was getting 4-5 hours of sleep. Oi vey! Thanks to a consistent coffee schedule, I could function surprisingly well, but it was just not a healthy year. So earlier to bed this year!

Resolution #3: Use my Smartboard more- I'm so lucky to work in a school with top of the line technology in every room. I have a Smartboard, doc camera, sound system with a personal mic and more. I did my best to learn the ropes of the Smartboard last year, but on top of tackling a new curriculum, I was in pure survival mode and didn't get much past the basics. This year I am tackling a new curriculum AGAIN in third grade, but I know a lot more about Smartboard than I did before.

Resolution #4:  Try for a little more balance- As fellow teachers, you know as well I do that balancing work and not letting it consume your life, weekend, house, etc is easier said than done. However, there came a point last year that I knew I was developing a problem....I found laminating scraps in my bed haha. Apparently my late night center prep had gotten in between my sheets. When you get into bed and discover you are laying on lamination scraps....you need an intervention.

I could list about a billion more resolutions, but I'll stick with four and maybe follow through on them better:)

On another note, I made my first serious trip back to my classroom to start setting up for next year. I had peeked in a couple weeks ago, but just now got the okay from my principal that the floors are waxed and I'm cleared to get going! I can't say it was the most productive day, but it was interesting nonetheless.

Here is what I'm working with....




{Insert shortness of breath and heart palpitations}

I have a LONG road ahead of me. Can I get a huge OI VEY? In the spirit of pinterest, I made this photo to truly express my anxiety... :)


Haha In other news, I was surprisingly calm when I helped a teacher get a bat out of the school yesterday. 

Hopefully I will have some progress pictures for you in a few days. Just for fun... can anyone figure out what my classroom is missing by looking at the pictures? (Yes, it is missing A LOT, but there is one specific thing that is pretty crucial that the school does not have for me yet!) First person to comment with the right answer gets to choose a {Free} Creative Clips Digital Clipart Bundle of your choice! Check out my TpT store or Creative Clips page on my blog for your choices :)







24 comments:

  1. Hi Krista, it looks like your students could use some desks! I found you through the linky party enjoyed reading your resolutions. I hope you will be able to utilize your smartboard more this year. I do not have one, but I have seen a lot of great resources online for smartboards. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I don't have any desks! They took my first grade desks from last year because I am changing to third and they didn't want to raise them all. They haven't come in yet, so cross your fingers! If you want to email me at thecreativechalkboard@gmail.com with your clipart bundle choice, I'll send it to you! Thanks for reading and commenting :)

      Delete
  2. I think your students are missing chairs.
    Lucky you for having all that technology!
    Hopefully you get to utilize it more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were right too, chairs and desks!! They are kind of important, so I need to get an update on their situation. Since I was looking for desks and chairs for the answer you are a winner too! If you send me an email at thecreativechalkboard@gmail.com with your clip art bundle choice, I'll send it your way. You can look at the bundles at my tpt store or on my Creative Clips page here on the blog :) Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  3. I especially LOVE your second resolution and your fourth! :)
    Hope those laminating scraps weren't sharp! :(
    Glad I found your blog through the linky!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Yeah, those strips were a tad pokey!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for linking up to the party, Krista! It led me here to your cute blog and I'm your newest follower! I also only average 4-5 hours of sleep during the school year and it catches up to me! I have such a hard time going to bed early! :( Hopefully, we'll be able to stick to these resolutions this year!


    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checkin out my blog! I love your linky party and was excited to link up!

      Delete
  5. I think you are missing...STUDENTS! Nothing else really matters, does it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is also very true! Good thing I don't have any yet, I have some serious work ahead of me!

      Delete
  6. I LOVE my Smartboard and know I could still do so much more with it than what I do now... but that would require time to play around with it OR time to be trained. There is no "extra" time EVER, is there???

    Hop over and read my post "Is Your Heart in Your Room?" I had a small "ah-ha" moment that helped for a little bit but now I have the idea and OCD desire to paint a wall in my room. =)

    I am happy to be your newest follower. I love your cute design. I hope you hop over to visit me when you get the chance. =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness, I hear you. "extra" and "time" are just two words that are never side by side during the year! I'm hopping over to you blog post right after I post this comment, thanks for the tip- I have read your blog for a long time but am still remembering to go back and officially "follow" all the blogs I love now that I have my own lil blog started, too!

      Delete
  7. HA!! That lamination story is awesome! My fiancee has attempted to place a moratorium on all lamination in our house...after he found it on his shoes, his clothes, the couch, hahaha. Sadly, I persist. :)

    mysillyfirsties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have almost given around the vital and concerning piece of objects in this regard and hopefully it will lay a good foundation within some meaning and interest. orthopedic surgery personal statement

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very informative article! there is more information. Thank you for sharing. Check out the way to fix Dell Error Code 2000 0141. Lean how you can fix it at your own or feel free to call our experts on our toll-free numbers or visit our website to know more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Order fresh flowers Online from best online florist in gurgaon. Send unique design flowers to gurgaon for all special occasions to your loved ones.

    send flowers to gurgaon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hire our writers for Best bsb110 accounting assignment part a help at Assignment Studio. We have 500+ Phd Experts to for High Quality Assignment Service at the Best Discount.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Barley Market is anticipated to witness a surge in demand owing to an increase in consumption of alcoholic beverages that promotes product production to flourish the growing requirement for breweries. This industry is also derived by increasing demand for several types of convenience food items, clean label trends, emerging applications in the food & beverage industry and a mounting need for natural ingredients. The cut in the supply of non-essential items like alcohol during the covid times had majorly impacted the market for barley. However, with re-operation of these industries has led to growth in the demand as well as the demand for barley as agricultural produce.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your website represents what your business identity. It also acts as a marketing and solutions platform for you. That’s why, according to Designingkeeda, it has to be nothing short of perfect. Therefore, we act as a one-stop web consultant for you. Designingkeeda is a leading Website design and development company in Delhi, India.
    Ecommerce Website Design in India
    Best Web Development Company in India
    Website Design Services
    Wordpress Development Company
    Digital Marketing Services

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Global Assignment Expert offers various benefits to students like helping to lessen their burden, providing customized assignments, saving time for other occasions,100% original content, affordable price rate,well-referenced, and many more. We avail our services in almost all the countries like UK, USA, Australia, etc. Here at Global Assignment Help, you can get great customer support services such as on-demand phone calls, free SMS updates,24/7 availability, WhatsApp Support, a Live chat system, and so on.

    ReplyDelete