Friday, August 24, 2012

Classroom Tour Pictures Galore!

Oh. my. goodness. I never thought I would go this many days without blogging! For as much planning and work as I did before school started, I just don't know where it all went! I started school with my kiddos on Wednesday and I've been crazy busy for the past two-ish weeks setting up my room and curriculum. I have switched from first to third grade this year, so it was a brand new ball game for me, but I'm super excited! I absolutely loved first and miss my littlest ones, but I can already tell I have a fabulous group of third graders and I can't wait to start seeing light bulbs go off!

Lemme start with a quick photo walk around my classroom so you can check out our little home for the next 180ish days of school :)

Here's my little welcome sign outside my door :)

This year my "jungle" theme couldn't be contained and I had to branch out into the hallway... pun intended :)

That adorable "Welcome" sign was one of my exciting freebie finds on TpT! Here is is closer up peek:

The colors and zebra pattern fit PERFECT for my theme. You can snatch up this printable sign from Kindergarten Lifestyle for {FREE} here. I decided to glue my circles on paper cake doilies (which are my newest quick crafting obsession in my classroom!!) With a little hot glue and a ribbon down the back, you have an instant welcome sign that is just TOO CUTE! Thank you Kindergarten Lifestyle!!

Moving on to the rest of the room:

My desk and the front of the room:

My tree! It is over my library and group rug.

I am SO excited about my newly organized classroom library! I have a TON of books, just ask my mom- she helped me organize all of them! The bins and labels make me oh so excited!


There's the door to the hallway, my word wall to-be on the cabinets and all my kiddos' desks with my Meet the Teacher goodies :)

 Student computer table, my jumbo monkey, and the bulletin board has my whole group reading focus wall on the left, writing process in the middle and math on the right.

Here's another angle of the same corner. I was strugglin because I couldn't find a map or a good place in my room that had a large enough wall space for a map. I found this great map at Joann Fabrics! One yard of fabric is exactly one full map. I used a coupon and got it for 5 bucks! I love how colorful and bright it is!

Here are some close ups!

My teacher drawers for planning, my teacher bookshelf and my birthday balloons :)

I *LOVE* these framed rules- black frames are from the dollar store and I just printed off the rule sheets with clipart from my computer.

Super Star Work Wall with glitter clothes pins. Clothes pins have two flat thumb tacks glued to the back so they stick into the bulletin board. I LOVE that I won't have to put staples through students' papers every time I want to showcase them.

Our school requires that we post our quiet signal, behavior chart colors/descriptions, classroom incentives, prize cart prices, etc. so this wipe off board filled up with all that jazz.

My kiddos' materials. I always stock a classroom resource shelf for my students who don't bring in supplies. Gotta love Dollar Tree plastic bins and fun labels! I stuck all my labels on my bins this year with sticky velcro dots. This way I can easily switch them from bin to bin if I make any changes in my organization next year. 

My writing process wall. Dollar Tree pulled through for me again! I glued flat thumbtacks (5-6 on each) on dollar pizza pans and stuck them right onto the bulletin board. Also got these little banana papers from the Dollar Tree to write my kids names on them and stuck magnets on the back. I want the kids to be able to move themselves through the steps.

 A close-up on my library bins. Ahh!! I'm loving the zebra touch this year!

Cubby book bins for my kiddos with cute lil numbers hot glued on. I found the numbers as a freebie on TpT and I can't find them again to give you the link! If you search for "zebra" on TpT and sort price "low-high" you will find so many free adorable classroom labels and printables! If your theme is zebra...it's definitely a MUST to hit up TpT freebies!

My work bins. It was absolute fate that I found these 50 cent place mats at Walmart to put underneath them because they matched the tablecloth I had bought last fall! I cut the tablecloth down the middle and sewed the ends together so I could stick it to the underside of the table with sticky velcro dots (actually my mom took the reins on this project, too!) The table is open on both sides because the other side opens to the cubbies- so I wanted to hide ALL of my stuff with a wrap around curtain.

Close up on my math manipulatives- I will have a lot more, but I haven't gotten the complete set from my district yet- these are just my personal ones. I got those green mini bins on the right top shelf at the Dollar Tree. I thought it would be a good idea to have these so the kids could take a handful or two of counters back to their seat.

LOVE this rolling drawer stand from Michaels- it was 50% off, plus my teacher discount! I don't have it filled yet, but I want to use the top drawers for my word work groups- I have three different levels that I use in my classroom every week, so this will be a great way to organize. I also am going to use the bottom drawers for early finisher activities. 

Reading group bins: $1.50 caddies from Big Lots- jazzed up with some wide zebra ribbon woven through and a printed/laminated label on the front! Love!

Not really "part" of the classroom, but this is my office supply drawer that I am loving because it is finally organized!!! I have back stock of all these supplies in the cabinet underneath, but these are quick and easy to reach from my desk. I feel like a lil Staples :)

My classroom wouldn't be nearly as organized and decorated if it wasn't for my crafty mom! I asked her to make these "hide away" curtains for my built in bookshelves. The bookshelves are great, but they are so deep, so they aren't quite functional for the kiddos to use because things get pushed so far back. I used a suspension rod just inside the front of the bookcase to hang it. Voila! 
 

That was a load of pictures, so if you are still with me after all that, THANK YOU! I hope you might see some things that might work in your own classroom. We will see how many changes I make now that the kids are back and the room is pack to the brim. So far the set up is working well for the small space we have. Does any teacher actually thing their room is BIG ENOUGH? I don't think so :)

I will post tomorrow some quick pictures of my Meet the Teacher activities and favors. Thanks for not forgetting about me after this long break from blogging! Okay it was about two weeks, but it felt like forever!!

I have so much stuff in the works, I can't wait to share it with you. I *hopefully* will be having another big Followers giveaway soon for 600! Stay tuned. Hope everyone is having a fantastic start to the year!




88 comments:

  1. Wow!! Your room looks absolutely amazing!!! I love the cookie sheet idea for the writing process. Your students will love it. :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I'm hoping it motivates them to be able to move their name through the process :)

      Delete
  2. Your classroom is adorable, Krista! LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our daughter had you last year.... We still talk about how wonderful you were, and that was your first year of teaching!!! Your students are so lucky to have a teacher that is so truly excited about being in the classroom and helping to make learning fun and interactive. You are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah your comment made my day! I couldn't have asked for a better class of kiddos and parents for my first year- it was hard to let you all move on to second grade! I can't tell you how much your comment means to me :)

      Delete
  5. Your classroom is fantastically organized and so very cute! Thanks for the great ideas! I will be working on the clothespin display board soon. I hear so much now about the great finds at Big Lots, so I am going to make a trip out there! Thanks for sharing!

    Jeannine

    Creative Lesson Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there from sunny New Zealand.
    May I ask what font you used for your Dr Seuss/Clifford etc Baskets??
    I think your class room is AWESOME!!, I am going to attempt my version yours this year. SOOOO excited!
    Right well have a fantastic year from Amy (Wellington, New Zealand)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your classroom is absolutely adorable!!! I seriously love everything about it!!!

    Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found the link to this post on Pinterest...beautiful! The colors are perfect together and everything is exceptionally organized! Have you changed much of your room flow as the year has progressed?
    ReadWriteSing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Already getting ideas for next year!! Love this! :) Thank you so much for sharing! Just curious...how does it look now in Feb?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your room looks amazing, what brilliant ideas. Thanks so much for sharin this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. such an awesome job and what shines through is your love for teaching. i can tell you love managing a classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your classroom. What are the flower balls you have hanging from the ceiling??? Did you make those or buy them. They are HAUTE...These will make a great addition to my classroom theme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such cute classroom organization ideas! Saw a pin for the tulle puff balls and directions are also on delicateconstruction.com

      Delete
    2. Such cute classroom organization ideas! Saw a pin for the tulle puff balls and directions are also on delicateconstruction.com

      Delete
  13. Krista your room is just as cute as your clip art!! I love all of it - especially the curtains!!!

    ❤ -Stephanie
    Falling Into First

    ReplyDelete
  14. I teach 8 th grade US history, I forgot that the fun room has a profound impact on the kids. i love the fabric map! Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love everything! Thanks for the organizational tips!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing your wonderful classroom with us! I was able to get a lot of great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Um... can I have your classroom please? LOVE THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How did you make the wonderful balls hanging from the ceiling? I would love to do that. I am hanging umbrellas from my ceiling in the fall and would love to add the balls.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Where did you get your book baskets?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Where did you get your book baskets?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love you ideas. I am stealing some of them. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you! Can you come to my classroom next?!?! ;) Do you have a list or a picture of all your different library tubs? I need help making the different bin categories and like your organization. :) You can e-mail me at chris27tie@gmail.com if you get a chance. Thank you so much for your consideration.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your room is the most amazing room I have seen! I love it.

    I love the curtain idea to hide clutter.

    Thanks for sharing your amazing room! I'm your newest follower.
    Heidi
    Secondgradealicious!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your organized classroom! You are very lucky to have a "crafty" mom.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your super organized classroom. You are very lucky to have a crafty mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOVE your classroom. I am trying to work on my color scheme and layout for next school year and found so many cute ideas on your blog. I teach 5th grade, but see many of your ideas working in my room. Now I just have to resist going out to my classroom until July. I promised myself at least one FULL month of summer vacation. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful pictures! I have a question: I'm curious where you found a suspension rod small enough to fit your shelving???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I got my suspension rods at walmart, they had a bunch of different sizes :)

      Delete
  28. Your room is amazing --- I am going to be doing a zebra theme this year and I loved the blue and green together --- you have inspired what my classroom will look like next year. The labels you had on your teacher drawers for planning --- did you make them or download them from somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You can find the labels in this new blog post for my current classroom reveal: http://thecreativechalkboard.blogspot.com/2013/08/classroom-reveal-2013.html

      Delete
  29. I also would love to know where you were able to find the days of the week labels. MY classroom is also blue and green! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wrote a new blog post for my current classroom reveal: http://thecreativechalkboard.blogspot.com/2013/08/classroom-reveal-2013.html The days of the week labels are included for free!

      Delete
  30. are all of your labels from a free TPT search? I LOVE your supply labels and days of the week labels. Super cute room btw!

    Stacy
    http://2ndgradeparadise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Where do i find the blue and green days of the week? They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vanice! Just wrote a new blog post about my classroom this year and included the blue and green labels. Check it out here: http://thecreativechalkboard.blogspot.com/2013/08/classroom-reveal-2013.html

      Delete
  32. Hi! This is my first year as a preschool teacher! My theme this year is Jungle! I LOVE your room. How did you make the hanging green and blue tissue balls? And where did you get that tree above your reading area? Love that as well! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love your classroom! I have a lot of your clip art too and love that as well. Great blog! Thanks for sharing your cool ideas and fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love your classroom! I was wondering where you got your bins for all your supplies? I would like to do something like that this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill! I get almost all of my bins at the Dollar Tree! They are cheap and hold up well! I've had those same ones for two years now!

      Delete
  35. How did you make your canopy above your door?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marie! They are just cut out of felt and tucked into the ceiling tiles :)

      Delete
  36. Love your classroom setup! Where did you get the shelves that fit on the countertop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alissa! They are from walmart- cheap and easy to put together too!

      Delete
  37. I love the idea of using Velcro for labels! My mom was also very instrumental in making my classroom cute! She was always willing to make whatever I needed! In fact, she made hideaway curtains just like yours for me! She passed away in March, very unexpectedly, so this will be my first year starting a new school year without her. The first year I taught, we taught at the same school so that was REALLY neat!

    I also liked the picture of your desk drawer. Mine looks just like that! I even have the same little white containers! When I need to replenish my supplies, I always joke that I'm going to the office supply store at my house!

    Our room has a lot of similarities...I have the same blue/green circle tablecloths....I bought them last year to go with my ocean theme. I also have the standard white drawers...both the little and big ones! It always makes me smile when I see the same things I have in my classroom in other people's classrooms!! :D

    Your room looks great! Thanks for sharing your pictures! I hope you have a great school year!

    Kristine White
    http://tearlessteaching.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your room looks really great! I wish I was that far along with mine. Great ideas - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Your room is my inspiration this year! Thanks for sharing all the wonderful & creative ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Those little zebra labels are from Jess at Tales of a Teachrista (http://teacheristatales.blogspot.com/) and the link is http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Zebra-Number-Circles-Freebie-256469

    ReplyDelete
  41. I really love your room, and as a soon to be first year teacher (about a year and a half/ or two from now) I really love seeing all of the tips and tricks to a well organized classroom. I was wondering if you could tell me where you got your awesome days of the week/ stamp pad etc labels?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mallory! I just wrote a Classroom Reveal post for my classroom this year, this post is from last year's room. I included a link to a google doc file with the labels you are talking about :) Enjoy!

      Delete
  42. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Your room is awesome! Could you tell me where you got your small teacher bookshelf - the one with the birthday balloons, binders, etc.? I've been looking everywhere for a shelf that size! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  44. What do you use the comp notebooks for in your reading groups?

    ReplyDelete
  45. Your classroom is one of the BEST I have ever seen in my teaching career! Not only is it "welcoming" and "tastefully" done, but it isn't over-the-top to where it is OVERWHELMING and the organization is unreal! I pinned so many pictures into my "private" teaching file because I am inspired all over. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Where did you find the green and blue labels for your drawers. I love those two colors.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Y"all don't have fire marshals where you teach... ours sucks the fun out of everything.. we can't hang things, have furniture ...you are all lucky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - we have workplace health and safety - would love to be able to set up a classroom like this!

      Delete
  48. Hi Krista,
    Your classroom looks amazing. Hopefully when I finish my teaching degree, I can apply your enthusiasm. I am currently studying primary education and putting together a maths folio as one of my assessments requirements. I was wondering if you would mind that I use your site and images as part of my resources. All your work will be referenced of course.
    Thank you in advance.
    All the best,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  49. Your room looks great! You've given me LOTS of wonderful ideas - I hope I can find the energy to put them to good use!!

    ReplyDelete
  50. YES - your room is fantastic. You are super organized and very creative. I teach in Canada - and we cannot do half of what you are able to in the classroom. We have many workplace health and safety rules - so our rooms look quite bare bones in comparison! Would love to be able to hang things from the ceiling and use fabric, etc. Loved looking at your pictures from your classroom!! Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I teach in NY State and our local fire department is also very strict. You mentioned what I was thinking. I love the tree, but we can't hang that much from the ceiling. I am wondering if the blogger has had any trouble with fire inspection. I love the ideas here, especially the cookie pans for writing stage bulletin board. Very creative for sure!

      Delete
    2. Hi there! All my decorations were within the guidelines of our fire inspections :) Of course I would never decorate my classroom like this if it wasn't allowed. It would be way too much work, time and money to decorate my room if there was a risk I had to take it down! :)

      Delete
  51. Wonderful ideas and work. Your classroom is a real treat. Stay blessed

    ReplyDelete
  52. Amazing Classroom Theme! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  53. How did you do the curtains on your shelves??

    ReplyDelete
  54. How did you do the curtains on your shelves??

    ReplyDelete
  55. Hi there! I love this classroom! Where did you get the tree? Or did you make it? I would really like to replicate that in my classroom! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  56. I really enjoyed your blog Thanks for sharing such an informative post.
    because without you knowing there are many sites that are scam and will threaten you can not carry out withdrawals in real terms. Because of that
    trusted gambling place at this time
    https://mbc1588.cafe24.com
    https://daora2.com/
    https://bet365kor1.com/bet365kor/
    http://makeland.link/higaming/
    https://bet365kor1.com/
    https://ocn2001.com/

    ReplyDelete

  57. Thanks for giving me such amazing information. Keep sharing again with the informative post.
    If you are unable to access your Verizon email account, but you forgot your email password, or your email account gets hacked or blocked. Then, you may Change Verizon Email Password and easily access your Verizon account. If you have no idea how to change your Verizon email account password so, you can dial our toll-free number and talk to our experienced professionals. Our expert is always available to provide exact solutions related to your issues.

    ReplyDelete
  58. I read your post. Your post is too informative. Thanks for sharing.
    If you try to login into your AOL Email Account. But you are unable to access them. In this situation, You have to Reset or Change AOL Password Online and easily access your AOL account. You may directly connect to our experts via a toll-free number.

    ReplyDelete
  59. I read your post. It is very interesting information for me. Keep sharing again.
    Akshi Engineers Pvt. Ltd. is one of the best TMT Twin Channel Manufacturers in India. We provide you high quality and highly recommended products in the market. For more details, please contact us through toll-free number +91-98106-62353.

    ReplyDelete
  60. I read your post. It is amazing and helpful information for me. Thanks for sharing with everyone. Manali is one of the most beautiful places in Himachal Pradesh. Every day many tourists come here to Places To Visit In Manali with their family and friends. There are many amazing places to see in Manali such as incredible peaks, adventurous expeditions, adventure, and fun activities, and much more. To know more information, you can contact us and get extra benefits of holiday packages and tour offers.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Cek Sekarang : Profil
    Cek Sekarang : Sinopsis Film Terbaru
    Cek Sekarang : Bikin Makanan
    Cek Sekarang : Kawamatsu One Piece
    Cek Sekarang : Terbesar
    Cek Sekarang : Film Terbaru
    Cek Sekarang : Film Terbaru

    ReplyDelete
  62. A permanent quantitative height and sphere of our activity allow equal character to execute important tasks on development of directions of progressive development.
    https://www.liveinternet.ru/users/moimislishki/post490493682/

    ReplyDelete
  63. Thanks for this. This is the simplest explanation I can understand given the tons of Explanation here. Peaky Blinders Coat

    ReplyDelete
  64. Thank you for sharing your wonderful classroom tour with your readers. Your blog is an excellent resource for teachers seeking inspiration and creative ideas to make their classrooms inviting and conducive to learning.
    does sephora price match

    ReplyDelete
  65. Wishing you a successful school year filled with exciting learning experiences and many more informative blog posts!
    Your attention to detail and the thoughtfulness put into creating an engaging learning environment for your students are evident in every picture.
    https://www.frugalishness.com/promotions/harbor-freight-floor-jack-coupon

    ReplyDelete
  66. I enjoyed exploring your classroom tour pictures! Just like capturing memorable moments, discovering a great "promo code for blackout bingo" adds an extra layer of excitement to our daily life. Thanks for sharing this vibrant and educational journey!

    ReplyDelete